Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced the launch of the PM Vishwakarma Yojana 2023, a new government scheme geared toward offering economic help to skilled artisans and craftsmen. Under this scheme, the authorities will provide a subsidy of up to 8% on loans granted to artisans. The scheme allows artisans to attain loans of as much as ₹3 lakhs at an low-cost interest ratee of simply 5%.
The PM Vishwakarma Yojana 2023 encompasses 18 artisan categories, which include blacksmiths, goldsmiths, carpenters, stone sculptors, barbers, and boat makers, amongst others. The authorities will offer loans of as much as ₹3 lakhs first of all, with a provision to avail a further ₹2 lakhs after 18 months of well timed payments. The interest price will stay fixed at 5%.
To qualify for the PM Vishwakarma Yojana, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be Indian citizens.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Not have availed loans from PMEGP, PM SVANidhi, or Mudra loans previously.
How to Apply for the PM Vishwakarma Yojana 2023:
- Visit the official portal of PM Vishwakarma Yojana: https://pmvishwakarma.gov.in/.
- Register using your mobile number and Aadhar card for verification.
- Verify your mobile number and Aadhar card through OTP verification.
- Fill out the registration form with your details, including name, address, and trade-related information, and submit it.
- Download your PM Vishwakarma digital ID and certificate.
- Upload the necessary documents, and the concerned department will verify your details.
- Upon successful verification of all details, your loan will be approved.
The PM Vishwakarma Yojana offers collateral-free loans through commercial banks, regional rural banks, and other financial institutions.
Artisans and craftsmen can also register and apply for the PM Vishwakarma Yojana at their nearest Common Service Center.
- Aadhar card
- Identity proof
- Residential proof
- Mobile number
- Caste certificate
- Bank account passbook
- Passport-sized photos
Benefits Of PM Vishwakarma Yojana 2023:
The primary goal of the Vishwakarma Shram Samman Yojana is to provide valuable assistance to skilled artisans. The scheme includes an extensive training program conducted by the Micro and Small Industries Department at tehsil or district headquarters.
Successful applicants of the scheme will receive skill training, which will be a significant step in enhancing their employment opportunities. The scheme also provides financial assistance equivalent to semi-skilled labor wages.
Additionally, beneficiaries will receive a daily allowance of ₹500 for five days during the training period. The identification of beneficiaries will be carried out through a three-tier process. Furthermore, a grant of ₹15,000 will be provided as an incentive for toolkit promotion. For digital transactions, an additional incentive of ₹1 per transaction, up to 100 transactions per month, will be granted.
The PM Vishwakarma Yojana 2023 is a significant initiative aimed at empowering artisans and craftsmen across various sectors, providing them with the necessary financial support and training to thrive in their respective fields.